The Unofficial Senate Calendar for May 24th: 11 DC Fundraisers
The U.S. Senate has a busy day with amendments to an FDA bill, but members of the Upper Chamber will still find time to raise money, according to invitations provided by the Sunlight Foundation’s PoliticalPartyTime website. Eleven Republican Senators will attend events to raise money for nine different members today.
- Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wy.) had breakfast this morning at The Monocle on Capitol Hill. The PACs of Boeing and Northrop Grumman and a handful of defense and other lobbyists hosted it. Defense spending may be cut under the deficit reduction plan passed by Congress in 2011 and that’d mean fewer contracts for companies like Boeing and Northrop.
- Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) was expected to join Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) for a breakfast fundraiser at the offices of R.B. Murphy and Associates, a lobbying firm that represents Altria and Google.
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) hosted a breakfast for his ROYB leadership PAC, with several agricultural PACs, including Monsanto and the USA Rice Federation.
- Sen. Blunt will end the day with another fundraiser for ROYB at Johnny’s Half Shell.
- Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), who is facing a primary battle, also had breakfast at The Monocle. Several PACs including the American Meat Institute, National Pork Producers Council, and National Turkey Federation hosted it.
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) hosted a breakfast for his Citizens for Prosperity in America Today PAC at Johnny’s Half Shell. The event does not list any hosts.
- Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) had a breakfast fundraiser at the Williams & Jensen Townhouse hosted by Advanced Biohealing.
- The National Republican Senatorial Committee hosted a “coffee” with Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) at its office this morning.
- Sen. Vitter will follow that up with a lunch at Johnny’s Half Shell which will feature Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.).
- Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.) has lunch plans at Johnny’s Half Shell for his COATS PAC.
- Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) will have lunch at Charlie Palmer’s.
Outside of DC, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is having an event at GAP headquarters in San Francisco and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Calif.) are hosting an event for Congressional candidate Jose Hernandez.
*There could be a few more Congressional fundraisers we don't know about, this list is just based on what's provided by the Sunlight Foundation.